Welcome Back, Bearcats!
2020欧洲杯直播投注We are pleased to announce that the Campus Recreation Center is OPEN! Until further notice, the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley will remain closed.
Due to the restrictions on gyms, as mandated by the state, UC Campus Recreation will have limited space available, and will only be available to campus faculty, staff and students at this time.2020欧洲杯直播投注 will be adjusted to allow sufficient time for deep cleaning of the facility.
Reservations Required for Some Activities
In order to best provide a safe environment, we will be operating on a reservation system. Individuals will be able to reserve time on the fitness floor or in the lap pool. Information on how to make a reservation will be available here prior to opening.
Updates to Services
New HIIT Studio!
2020欧洲杯直播投注Level 2 in the prior racquetball courts 1-4 (courts 5-6 and squash will remain open courts)
2020欧洲杯直播投注We are opening a new workout area including a little bit of everything including cardio equipment (no more waiting to get the machine you want), free weights, stretching, a functional training area an improved high intensity interval training (HIIT) studio.
Open areas include:
- Fitness floor, lap pool, locker rooms, bathrooms, non-touch water bottle fillers.
- With the use of a reservation system, the fitness floor with be limited to 100 individuals at a time. The pool will be limited to 5 lanes with 1 swimmer per lane.
- For more information on making, editing or canceling a reservation please visit this link.
Repurposed areas include:
- Basketball courts will be used for socially distant dining and study space with tables and chairs. No basketball, volleyball, or table tennis will be available for play.
- Track will be used for the placement of cardio equipment. No walking/running.
- Racquetball and squash courts will be used for stretching and ab exercises.
- Multipurpose Room A will be used for spinning bikes and rowers for personal use
- Multipurpose Room B will be used for stretching space
- Renovation of the racquetball court space will be used for additional cardio, free weights, and functional training space
Closed areas include:
Leisure pool and hot tub, showers, lockers throughout the facility, water fountains, climbing wall, racquetball/squash courts and any other area not specifically listed.
Keeping You Safe
- All equipment is spaced at least 6 ft apart with most being 10 ft apart
- Restrooms disinfected each hour
- Sanitation stations throughout fitness floor and facility
- Increased and more frequent cleaning of equipment throughout the day
- Additional disinfecting of facility at the end of each day after closing
- Directional signage to reduce cross traffic and spread visitors out
Things to Remember Before You Visit the CRC
- Currently, only UC students and employees are eligible to use the facility.
- Make a reservation before you come to ensure you have access.
- Effective Wednesday, Sep. 9 all Campus Recreation Center users will need to show their Bearcat card and green UC Daily Pass using the UC Covid Check app to gain entry into the building. For more information on the COVID Check app, please visit the UC Public Health website.
- Follow all directional and communication regarding the entrance and use of the facility.
- Facial coverings or shields are required at all times, except while swimming. Swimmers must wear a mask or shield to the pool side and put one back on after exiting the water.
- Bring a reusable water bottle as water fountains will be unavailable.
- Virtual group fitness and guided recorded workouts are available on our Online Fitness page and will be updated weekly. Archived workouts will be available on our YouTube channel.
- Paper towels and disinfectant will be available to wipe down equipment.
- Each member is asked to wipe down a machine before and after use.
- Only credit cards and the Bearcat card are accepted. No cash sales.
Check the website for updates on hours, processes, reservations and what is available. New information is being added daily. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Will my August membership fee be prorated? Expand
Yes, annual members paying monthly will be prorated for their August membership.
What about locker, towel charges, and spouse/legal dependent memberships? Expand
All locker, towel charges, spouse and legal dependent charges will be suspended based on the above restrictions.
I am a Rec Rewards member. How many visits will I need to receive the reimbursement for August? Expand
Rec Rewards members who have four visits for the month will receive the Rec Rewards reimbursement on their next paycheck. The reimbursement will be prorated accordingly to reflect the prorated monthly fee for August.
How do I cancel or freeze my membership? Expand
We understand that you may wish to suspend your membership during this time due to health concerns or remote work. Please note that August deductions will occur unless you freeze or cancel your membership by Wednesday, August 5.
Due to the current situation, we will allow members to freeze their membership at no cost. This will continue during the work-from-home recommendations by the university.
A freeze allows you to resume your membership without a one-year contract obligation upon returning. If you wish to freeze your membership, please complete the 2020欧洲杯直播投注 on our website.
Members who cancel will require a one-year contract upon sign-up, unless it is within 6 months of cancellation. If you wish to cancel your membership, please complete the on our website.
What is Campus Rec doing to mitigate the spread of germs? Expand
Please help mitigate the spread of respiratory diseases by following these tips shared by the university's Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Follow . CDC does not recommend healthy people wear a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol may be used.
Additionally, Campus Recreation will implement the following:
- Self-tapping of your ID as you enter at Member Services. Please continue to show your ID to the Member Services staff.
- Increased use of disinfectant spray throughout the facility.
- The addition hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Increased laundering and changing of the green cleaning towels throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning after the close of business each day.
- Decreased capacity and implementation of a reservation system.
- Appropriate distancing of equipment throughout the fitness floor.
What is the process for reserving gym/pool time? Expand
We are currently testing our online reservation system and creating tutorials and instructions. We will e-mail and publish this information to members as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Online Fitness Program
2020欧洲杯直播投注Introducing UC Campus Rec's which includes a detailed schedule and workout videos from your favorite Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors.
We're all in this together. Visit our for additional information regarding wellness, nutrition, mental health, and local resources at UC and Cincinnati.