A Technology and Access Guide, created by IT@UC, provides information about computer hardware (Mac and PC), tips on accessing software, free and reduced internet access, eTextbooks and more. Computers are available to students who don't have a personal technology device. Requests can be submitted through the
- Download Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office Suite and McAfee (security software) for free.
- Get help from The IT@UC Service Desk by calling (513) 556-HELP (4357) or (866) 397-3382 or . Hours of operation are 7 a.m. - 11 p.m., Monday - Friday; and 8 a.m. - 11 p.m., Saturday - Sunday.
- Learning online may require you to adapt some of your existing strategies for success in your courses. Keep Learning walks you through some new things to consider around time management, study strategies, and communication with your instructor and classmates.
- information, Click & Collect and
- Wi-Fi hotspots are available across Ohio. Innovate Ohio maintains a .
It’s customary for faculty to set the parameters for communications at the outset of the course. Faculty may be using such course delivery tools as Canvas (or Blackboard), WebEx and Microsoft Teams for real-time meeting and collaboration and instruction. Video tools are available. And technology such as conference calls and emails may be used as well. Students can find UC’s tools for remote instruction and communication under the umbrella. See a resource listing, including daily and weekend access to the IT@UC help desk.
Your faculty are likely in touch with you as students in their courses and have probably already shared preferences for communications channels and opportunities. If you have not heard from your faculty instructors via or other tools under the Canopy umbrella (such as Blackboard and Canvas), email or other means, the email address of all faculty members is available in UC’s . If you have any difficulty reaching your faculty instructors, you may approach the dean of the college for assistance.
You may be asked to join some of your classes using any of the conferencing services that allow you to communicate with classmates, attend office hours, and participate in a virtual class in real time. These include:
- (or Blackboard) to meet with the class.
- WebEx is an alternative to Canvas (or Blackboard) that your instructor may also choose to use as a conferencing tool. While it does not integrate directly with Canvas, it shares many of the same features. For more information, visit the or head to our to join a meeting, download apps and more.
- Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and productivity tool that is included with Office 365. With Teams, you can chat with individuals or groups, hold video meetings, store and share files, and connect with other third-party solutions. For more information, head to our .
2020欧洲杯直播投注Your classes may use any combination of the activities below as well as other options.
- Synchronous class sessions (to be held at the same time as your scheduled class) via tools like WebEx and Teams
- Asynchronous class sessions that are available anytime for you to watch on Canvas (or Blackboard)
- Recorded videos on Canvas
- Class Readings
- Power Point presentations
- Google Books
2020欧洲杯直播投注In preparation for the Fall Semester, instructors are participating in specialized training workshops to assist in utilizing best practices to develop and deliver online courses. Colleges have created leadership teams focused on supporting teaching excellence and connecting faculty with needed resources, providing peer support, and aiding in the adoption and implementation of best practices.
Your course faculty should be providing information around the requirements for final exams, projects, capstones or any other form of final course or program assessment.
For some exams, your professor may make use of a proctoring tool called Honorlock. If you are in a class where the instructor is making use of this option, please check , which provides resources for setting up your test-taking environment and Honorlock testing guidelines. Please also watch a video on in Canvas.